Our 6" knives are compostable utensils made from tPLA, a resin made from 70% non-GMO corn and 30% Talc. tPLA resin is certified for compostability.
Why use non-compostable petroleum-based plastics which create toxicity and lasting pollution when there are compostable alternatives?
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Suitable for food and liquids up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dishwasher safe and reusable
- Certified compostable by BPI (Biodegradable Products Institute)
- 100% compostable 3-6 months in a commercial composting facility
- Just as strong as traditional plastics
- PLA is a non-toxic bioplastic
- Conforms to ASTM D-6400 Standard
- Product Dimensions: 6.7" Long x 0.7" Wide
This product is also available in individually wrapped utensil sets or as an individually wrapped knife.
Home composting not advised for tPLA products as they require higher heat of commercial composting to break down.