For food and drinks served cold or room temperature, we offer a line of clear cups and containers. These products are made from Poly Lactic Acid (PLA), a compostable, plant based bio plastic derived from U.S. grown corn.
Our compostable PLA utensils and hot cup lids are made from an enhanced strength version of PLA that can withstand temperatures of 200 and 180 degrees Fahrenheit respectively.
- Feels similar to conventional plastic
- Freezer safe
- Can handle food and drinks up to 110° Fahrenehit
- BPI certified compostable in commercial facilities
Many different types of fibrous plants can be used to manufacture alternatives to tree-based paper products. The wheat straw that use for of our fiber products comes from the stalk of the wheat plants. The stalks do not store protein, gluten or any other allergens.
Our wheat straw fiber products
- Uses 10x less energy than tree-based materials to produce
- Meet FDA standards for gluten-free and non-allergenic products
- Are made from highly renewable resources
- Are microwave & freezer safe
- Can handle liquids up to 200 Fahrenheit
- Fully compostable in commercial (1-2 months) and home (6 months) composting
- BPI certified for commercial composting
Our paper hot cups are made with FSC certified paper which meets the standards for the Forest Stewardship Council. Tree-based paper is used instead of other fiber alternatives because of technical constraints. Our paper products are sourced to have the lightest environmental impact as possible. Several of our hot cups are available without any bleaching process. Those which have been bleached used oxygen-based compounds rather than chlorine.
Our FSC certified paper:
- Is microwave and freezer save
- Can handle hot liquids up to 200 Fahrenheit
- Conforms to the FDA guidelines
- Is fully compostable through commercial (1-3 months) and home (3-6 months) composting