Our compostable 6" ice cream spoons are made from PLA, a bioplastic made from corn resin. Why use non-compostable petroleum-based plastics which create toxicity and lasting pollution when there are compostable alternatives?
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Certified compostable by BPI (Biodegradable Products Institute)
- 100% compostable 3-6 months in a commercial composting facility
- Just as strong as traditional plastics
- PLA is a non-toxic bioplastic
- Conforms to ASTM D-6400 Standard
- Product Dimensions: 6" Long x 1.4" Wide
Suitable for food and liquids up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Best suited for room temp, cool or cold foods. For hot foods and soups, use our tPLA spoons or tPLA soup spoons.
Home composting not advised for PLA utensils as they require the higher heat of commercial composting to break down.