Our compostable 6" ice cream spoons are made from PLA, a bioplastic made from corn resin. Why use non-compostable petroleum-based plastics which create toxicity and lasting pollution when there are compostable alternatives?
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Certified compostable by BPI (Biodegradable Products Institute)
- 100% compostable 3-6 months in a commercial composting facility
- Just as strong as traditional plastics
- PLA is a non-toxic bioplastic
- Conforms to ASTM D-6400 Standard
- Product Dimensions: 6" Long x 1.4" Wide
Home composting not advised for PLA utensils as they require the higher heat of commercial composting to break down.