PHA is a superior straw material as it can compost in home compost bins which produce lower temperatures than industrial composting facilities due to less volume and depth of biomass. PHA is also unique in that is marine degradable and will completely break down in marine environments, should it unproperly end up there.
PHA (Polyhydroxyalkanoate) is derived from the highly refined, and allergy-free oils of canola and soy seeds.
Also known as "Jumbo Standard" straws, these are your typical soda/water width and standard 7.75" length. For smoothies or milkshakes try our smoothie straws.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Looks and feels like regular plastic
- Individually wrapped for sanitation
- Made from Danimer Scientific’s signature biopolymer, Nodax PHA®
- Certified Compostable by BPI and TUV Industrial
- Certified Home Compostable per TUV's OK compost HOME protocol
- Passes Home Compostability testing per AS 5810
- Marine Degradable: Passes Marine Degradation testing per ASTM D6691
- Made in the USA
- Made in a Safe Quality Food (SQF) certified facility guaranteeing a safe contaminant-free product from a sterile facility
- Product Dimensions: 7.75" long x 0.24" wide
- Straw size is called "Jumbo Standard" per industry standards
Wrapper reads: "The Sustainable Straw Made From Plants. Home & Industrial Compostable | Marine Degradable"
Straws will break down much faster in a commercial but a home composting environment is sufficient! Store and use under 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Store away from direct sunlight.
|Quantity Per Case||2000|
|Cases Per Pallet||72|
|Case Weight||6.00 LBS|