Our 6" individually wrapped spoon samples are compostable utensils made from tPLA, a resin made from 70% corn-based PLA and 30% Talc. tPLA resin is certified and compostability.
Why use non-compostable petroleum-based plastics which create toxicity and lasting pollution when there are compostable alternatives?
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Certified compostable by BPI (Biodegradable Products Institute)
- Wrapped in cellulose for clean, sanitary use
- The cellulose wrapper is also certified compostable
- Suitable for food and liquids up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dishwasher safe and reusable
- 100% compostable 3-6 months in a commercial composting facility
- Just as strong as traditional plastics
- PLA is a non-toxic bioplastic
- Conforms to ASTM D-6400 Standard
- Product Dimensions: 6" Long
Home composting not advised for tPLA products as they require the higher heat of commercial composting to break down.