Compostable plastic bags are perfect for buying produce from farmers markets and grocery stores. The bags biodegrade naturally when exposed to the earth's elements and micro-organisms in the soil. Great for food storage, Biobags "breathe", allowing heat and moisture to escape or evaporate. This feature reduces bacterial build-up of collected waste, thus reducing odor. Will decompose in a controlled composting environment in 10-45 days, leaving no harmful residues behind. These 11" x 17" eco-friendly bags are made from Mater-Bi.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Made in California from cornstarch, vegetable oil and other renewable resources
- 100% compostable
- Shelf stable, just like paper plates or paper towels
- No polyethylene is used in the production process
- Verified by the Non-GMO project
- Water-based inks and dyes
- DEBIO certified for use in organic agriculture
- Reuse bag by lining your compost pail before composting
- Certified by the Biodegradable Products Institute to meet the ASTM D6400 specification
- Meets California SB 1749 requirements
- Use within one year of purchase
- Store in a cool, dry place away from excessive heat
- Great for storing produce with skins but breathability of bags may dry out things like leafy greens.
- Change out your used BioBag every 3-5 days: Since they are not made of polyethylene/plastic, they can start to break down when exposed to microorganisms found in the ground and on organic materials like food scraps