Compostable plastic bags are perfect for buying produce from farmers markets and grocery stores. No polyethylene is used in the production process of these 11" x 17", 800 count eco friendly bags and there are no chemical additives to enhance decomposition. The bags biodegrade naturally when exposed to the earth's elements and micro-organisms in the soil. They "breathe", which allows heat and moisture to escape or evaporate. This feature reduces bacterial build-up of collected waste, thus reducing odor. Will decompose in a controlled composting environment in 10-45 days, leaving no harmful residues behind.
- Shelf stable, just like paper plates or paper towels
- BioBags are made from cornstarch, vegetable oil and other renewable resources.
- Made in California
- 100% compostable
- No polyethylene is used in the production process.
- Only GMO free certified corn is used. Soy-based inks and dyes are CEN certified for restricted use of heavy metals.
- DEBIO certified for use in organic agriculture.
- Certified by the Biodegradable Products Institute to meet the ASTM D6400 specification.
- Meets California SB 1749 requirements.