Note: The green color of these bags may vary from the images.
Compostable produce bags are loved by customers at farmers markets, co-ops, and natural food stores. Made entirely from plant based materials and vegetable oils, these bioplastic bags biodegrade naturally in your home compost bin.
Great for food storage, Biobags "breathe" without leaking, allowing heat and moisture to escape or evaporate. This feature reduces bacterial build-up of collected waste, thus reducing odor. Will decompose in a controlled composting environment in 10-45 days, leaving no harmful residues behind. Strong enough to line the compost bin, these versatile bags can also go right into the compost heap along with kitchen scraps. The translucent mint green bioplastic is an industry standard to show these bags are biodegradable.
Buy in Bulk and Save! 4-Roll Cases of Biodegradable Produce Bags are also available.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Standard 11” wide size roll. Bags are 17" in Length and .48 mil thick
- 800 bags per roll
- Holds up to 6lbs per bag
- Made in California from cornstarch, vegetable oil and other renewable resources
- 100% compostable
- Shelf stable, just like paper plates or paper towels
- NO polyethylene or chemical additives!
- Verified by the Non-GMO project
- Water-based inks and dyes
- DEBIO certified for use in organic agriculture
- Certified by the Biodegradable Products Institute to meet the ASTM D6400 specification
- Meets California SB 1749 requirements
- Will decompose in 10-45 days in a controlled compost environment
- Use within one year of purchase
- Store in a cool, dry place away from excessive heat
- Not recommended for storing greens. Great for storing produce with skins but breathability of bags may dry out things like leafy greens.
- Change out your used BioBag every 3-5 days: Since they are not made of polyethylene/plastic, they can start to break down when exposed to microorganisms found in the ground and on organic materials like food scraps
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos