Our new cocktail straws look and feel just like traditional plastic straws except they are made with PHA, a cutting edge bio-based polymer.
PHA is a superior straw material as it can compost in home compost bins which produce lower temperatures than industrial composting facilities due to less volume and depth of biomass. PHA is also unique in that is marine degradable and will completely break down in marine environments, should it unproperly end up there. PHA (Polyhydroxyalkanoate) is derived from the highly refined, and allergy-free oils of canola and soy seeds.
Each case of cocktail straws includes 8 smaller recyclable paper boxes of 2,000 straws per box for convenient restocking.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Looks and feels like regular plastic
- Made from Danimer Scientific’s signature biopolymer, Nodax PHA®
- Certified Home Compostable per TUV's OK compost HOME protocol
- Passes Home Compostability testing per AS 5810
- Marine Degradable: Passes Marine Degradation testing per ASTM D6691
- Made in the USA
- Made in a Safe Quality Food (SQF) certified facility guaranteeing a safe contaminant-free product from a sterile facility
- Product Dimensions: 6" long (150mm) x 0.137" wide (3.5mm)
Straws will break down much faster in a commercial facility but a home composting environment is sufficient!
Store and use under 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Store away from direct sunlight.
Also available in 2,000 count boxes.
|Quantity Per Case||16000|
|Cases Per Pallet||54|
|Case Weight||21.00 LBS|