Our new individually wrapped PHA straws look and feel just like traditional plastic straws except they are made with PHA, a cutting edge bio-based polymer.
PHA is a superior straw material as it can compost in home compost bins which produce lower temperatures than industrial composting facilities due to less volume and depth of biomass.
PHA is also unique in that is marine degradable and will completely break down in marine environments. PHA is produced by microbial fermentation of carbon-based feedstocks.
Wrapper reads: "This straw will biodegrade completely in the ocean or on land with 3-6 months. Learn More at Goodstartpackaging.com"
Straws will break down much faster in a commercial or home composting environment.
Each case includes 18 smaller bags of 250 straws per bag. Inner bags are compostable PLA.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Looks and feels like regular plastic
- Individually wrapped for sanitation
- Marine degradable
- Home compostable per TUV's OK compost HOME protocol
- Made in the USA
- Made in a Safe Quality Food (SQF) certified facility guaranteeing a safe contaminant-free product from a sterile facility
- BPA Free
- Product Dimensions: 7.75" long x 0.2" wide
- As recently seen on Chronicle WCVB-TV Channel 5 Boston
Store and use under 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Store away from direct sunlight.
Also available as a 250-count bag.