World Centric biodegradable and compostable trays are made from 100% wheatstraw. Wheatstraw is not only an annually renewable resources, but can also be turned into products normally made from plastic or paper. Wheatstraw is the remaining plant material after the wheat grain and chaff have been extracted.
These compostable trays are
- microwave and freezer safe, can be used for both hot and cold items
- soak proof
- have no plastic or wax lining
- handle hot liquids up to 220 Fahrenheit (moisture forms at the bottom for hot food items)
- fully compostable, sturdy and strong
- meet ASTM D-6400 standard for compostability