Our new individually wrapped PHA straws look and feel just like traditional plastic straws except they are made with PHA, a cutting edge bio-based polymer. PHA is unique as it can compost in home compost bins which produce lower temperatures than industrial composting facilities due to less volume and depth of biomass.
PHA is also unique in that is marine degradable and will completely break down in marine environments. PHA is produced by microbial fermentation of carbon-based feedstocks.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Looks and feels like regular plastic
- Individually wrapped for sanitation
- Marine degradable
- Home compostable per TUV's OK compost HOME protocol
- Made in the USA
- Made in a Safe Quality Food (SQF) certified facility guaranteeing a safe contaminant-free product from a sterile facility
- BPA Free
- Product Dimensions: 7.75" long x 0.2" wide
- As recently seen on Chronicle WCVB-TV Channel 5 Boston
Store and use under 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Store away from direct sunlight.