Director of Operations
Discover how you can make a difference in our environment and the health of our communities. Join Good Start Packaging where your colleagues share a passion for excellence in everything we do.
Good Start Packaging's mission is to inspire restaurants to reduce the amount of disposable plastic they use in favor of plant based, compostable alternatives. We do that by supplying disposable food service products from our growing number of supplier partners and warehouses throughout the United States.
We’re proving that business can be a force for good for employees, clients, and the environment. We’re 10 years young and super excited to launch our next 10 years.
Our company has grown substantially and has created a new position of Director of Operations to help us get to the next level. Our unique business model relies on the use of a highly efficient supply chain and business operation. So we’re looking for someone who can help us scale the business in this fast growing sustainable restaurant packaging market.
- Reports the CEO and works with management in client services, sales, and marketing to implement Good Start Packaging’s mission. Keeps abreast of changes in environmental laws, trends, and operational best practices.
- Supervises office management, HR, purchasing, and logistics functions to streamline our operations to ensure maximum efficiency at optimal cost.
- Improve the business processes for each department through analysis and collaboration
- Collaborate with executive-level management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans
- Work with outside developers to improve e-commerce website, develop and implement new technologies such as mobile applications for clients
- Evaluate new SAAS based technologies and dashboards for improving internal efficiency
- Analyze geographic sales growth and supply chain factors to determine optimal timing and location of new warehouses.
- Supervise all company financial activities and negotiate budgets, contracts and agreements
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical and decision-making skills
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Passion for protecting the environment
- Strong work ethic and get it done attitude
- 5+ years’ experience in the manufacturing or wholesale distribution sector
- Familiarity with ERP systems and inventory management best practices
- Experience with developing budgets and writing business plans
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance
- Company Match 401K
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com along with a cover letter that explains your interest in the position and why you would be a good fit.