Our new individually wrapped PHA straws look and feel just like traditional plastic straws except they are made with PHA, a cutting edge bio-based polymer. PHA is unique as it can compost in home compost bins which produce lower temperatures than industrial composting facilities due to less volume and depth of biomass.
PHA is also unique in that is marine degradable and will completely break down in marine environments. PHA is produced by microbial fermentation of carbon-based feedstocks.
These "Jumbo standard" straws are your typical soda/water width and not ideal for smoothies or milkshakes. "Giant" width is ideal for smoothies.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Looks and feels like regular plastic
- Individually wrapped for sanitation
- Marine degradable
- Home compostable per TUV's OK compost HOME protocol
- Made in the USA
- Made in a Safe Quality Food (SQF) certified facility guaranteeing a safe contaminant-free product from a sterile facility
- BPA Free
- Product Dimensions: 7.75" long x 0.216" wide (5.5mm)
- Straw size is considered "Jumbo Standard"
Wrapper reads: "This straw will biodegrade completely in the ocean or on land with 3-6 months. Learn More at Goodstartpackaging.com"
Straws will break down much faster in a commercial or home composting environment.
Store and use under 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Store away from direct sunlight.